Saturday, December 26, 2009

Brooklyn's Finest?


So the year isn't over yet because I'm bored at work. This is in a holding position on Hot 97, I predict it's on its way to ubiquitous. I'm not sure it's a good thing Red Cafe is currently New York's brightest prospect, and I'm just as indecisive concerning Fabolous' newfound regional Godfather status. The guy has a handful of mixtape verses, some Rap and Bullshit 106 & Park Jams and "Breathe" to his name and suddenly he's a "get" for your street single? That being said, I still can't help but love the borough solidarity.

Red Cafe ft. Fabolous- I'm Ill


Anyways this shit does crank. Piggy backs a few recent trends with a sample from "It takes two" rocking in the background and a lift off Jay-Z's "A Millie" freestyle. It's the work of Drake's Toronto-bred homie Boi-1-da with an assist from the Neptunes. ( Non-accredited, he blatantly jacks Busta's "What It Is Right Now" on that synth digression) I figured I'd take the opportunity to host a BedStuy face-off between the master and the pupil to try and determine whose vocals make better fodder for beats.



Papoose- I Just Want the Paper





Joe Budden- Stuntin'





Lil Kim ft. Puff Daddy- No Time




Dirty Money ft. Puff Daddy- Love Come Down





Method Man ft. Mary J. Blige- You're All I Need






T.I.- Bring Em Out (I don't understand the label logic in not allow embedding of certain videos)






Nina Sky ft. Rick Ross- Flippin Dat




Busta Rhymes ft. Spliff Star & Reek- Piano Man








DJ Screw ft. Big Moe- June 27th Freestyle






Rza ft. David Banner- Straight Up the Block






Cam'ron- S.D.E. (Samples Both)


And of course the winner is the Greatest Rapper of All-Time. This one wasn't even fair seeing as how in many ways Jay's career is a Biggie vocal snippet, but it was fun.

No comments: