Monday, February 16, 2009

Get Familiar


So from the picture posted above you can see that I have an awful memory, the handwriting of an autistic young child and I will be pretty busy for the next few months. At first I was enraged and confused to discover that The Roots, my all time favorite live act will be the house band for the new Jimmy Fallon Late Show. Then I found out about this. For those unfamiliar with the live music scene in New York (Excluding the summer which features a surreal number of amazing free shows in Parks around the city) a quality ten dollar show is the equivalent of a twenty dollar steak and beer at Peter Luger's or fifteen dollar box seats to a Yankees game (Post 96). I also hate the High Line Ballroom, an out of the way bourgeois venue where they actually enforce the smoking ban, but when presented with an opportunity of this nature I had to respond with trademark restraint. It's gonna be a great couple of months. If you live in New York and are interested in the content I deal with here I'm sure I'll see you there.

No comments: