Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Morning


If you're a cook Sunday means something other then beer and football. Whether you'll be smoking pot on your couch this afternoon or halfheartedly dicing chorizo not many albums fit the mood here in New York today better than this one. It's a fun and hopeful affair with a coherent score that sounds like Terrence Blachard set to beat. I've fought it for a longtime but this is in fact better then One Day It'll All Make Sense. Below is a well worn Thelonius drop and a link for sample heads such as myself.

http://kevinnottingham.com/myblog/2008/09/18/like-water-for-chocolate-original-samples/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny, I was just thinking of this album the other day. I had to finally break down and admit to myself this is Common's best album.

I really loved "Be" but I think Com should've had Dilla do all of his albums the rest of his career.