Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Patron Time!!!



Paul Wall used to be one of my favorite guilty pleasures back when guilty pleasures existed. He tackles The People's Champ and his old classic mixtapes with Chamillionaire with such enthusiasm. And that cadence. Then there was his very modest, down home sensibility. When bashing on the South was all the rage during the Houston Renaissance and all the New York legends were firing shots, Paul would be the first to come out and plead novice, even as he was doing so in deference to guys he could rap circles around. I'm not going to sit here and claim the song above is his best work, or even that good, but it's nice to see his name pop up on my Reader and I hope there is more to come. Plus, seeing how it's officially Summer, it gives me and excuse to post this.

Paul Wall- Some Cut Part 2 (ft. Archie Lee)

No comments: